Downtown Windsor Farmers Market 2019 Vendor Application
Windsor – Essex County Health Unit Vendor Application
Windsor – Essex County Health Unit’s “Farmers Market & General Market Organizer & Food Vendor Requirements“
Windsor – Essex County Health Unit’s Food Handling Course brochure
JENNY TAN CPHI(C) | Public Health Inspector | Environmental Health
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, N9A 4J8
Ph. 519-258-2146 ext. 1463
DETAILS & POLICIES, 2019 SEASON
The Downtown Windsor Farmers Market (DWFM) works in partnership with the Downtown Windsor Community Collaborative (DWCC) and the Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association (DWBIA).
The DWCC Mission is to “renew the city through neighbourhood community.” You can find out more about the work of the DWCC at their website located at www.dwcc.ca
The DWBIA works to ensure that downtown Windsor is the preferred place to work, visit and live.
The DWBIA exists to effectively represent the interests of all its member sectors as they relate to the economic, political and social vitality of the downtown business district. You can find out more about the work of the DWBIA at their website located at www.downtownwindsor.ca
The DWFM, DWCC and the DWBIA thank you for your continued support of the Downtown Windsor Farmers Market (DWFM).
2019 POLICY DETAILS
MARKET LOCATION: Pelissier Street between Wyandotte and Park Streets, including Maiden Lane.
SEASON & TIMES: Saturday May 25 th to Saturday October 26 th , 2019. The market will be open 8:00AM to 1:00PM. Vendors arrive between 6:00AM and 7:45AM. No Vendor, Entertainer, Volunteer will have vehicle access after 7:45AM until 1:00PM. Vendors have from 1:00PM to 2:00PM to pack up and tear down. Vendors should come prepared for all weather conditions. There is no week-to-week storage for Vendors or the DWFM. Vendors who arrive later than 8:00 will not be permitted to set up. No exceptions.
PRODUCTS: Vendors must submit a list or details of products with their application form. Products sold at the DWFM must be GROWN, MADE, BAKED, or PRODUCED by the Vendor or be an artisanal Canadian product that is not readily available in grocery stores. Management of the DWFM reserves the right to ask any Vendor to remove any product from sale at any time during the season.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS: Vendors must choose the dates which applies to them: Seasonal Vendors; Part-Time Vendors (attending 1⁄2 or the entire season); Occasional Vendor (attending only limited dates); Not-For-Profit (community groups/no sales/no tickets/no money exchanged). The General Manager will review applications and make the final decision on Vendors. The DWFM reserves the right to approve or disapprove of any application with or without cause. Vendors in breach of policy will be terminated from the Market.
ALL VENDORS MUST PRE-PAY THEIR DATES PRIOR TO ATTENDING DWFM.
Applications must be submitted with requested dates of attendance.
2019 VENDOR INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
All vendors must provide their own:
• Table/s for product.
• Tent/Canopy in good repair.
• Table cloths, all health and safety supplies, and certifications.
• Minimum 50’ heavy gauge extension cord if Hydro is needed. Heavy duty Power bar if needed.
• Signage, prices, product information in compliance with DWFM regulations
(see signage for further information)
Each approximate 10×10 space is numbered on the pavement/ground. Vendors will be assigned a location by number on the date of the market. When possible, each Vendor’s location is kept permanent based on the following guidelines:
1. FULL SEASON Vendors receive a permanent and preferential first choice of locations based on requirements of their booth. The General Manager will assign this location in consultation with the Vendor and DWFM service requirements. Vendor application and approval will be numbered upon payment of full season.
2. HALF SEASON Vendors receive second choice of location based on requirements. When possible, they may return to the same location. Service limits can affect location of all vendors.
3. OCCASIONAL Vendors receive a location around previous Vendors based on requirements. When possible, they will be offered the same location (if desired).
4. There are a limited number of Hydro sites and a limited amount of amperage. Full Season Vendors needing Hydro will receive preference. Vendors receiving Hydro are limited in what may be plugged into amperage in the grid. The General Manager reserves the right to limit access.
5. There are limited numbers of sites in shade/sun. Vendors should be prepared for this natural occurrence.
6. Potable water is available. Vendors must bring their own carrying containers.
7. The General Manager of DWFM, DWCC, and the DWBIA, from time to time, have reasons to adjust Vendor locations. Additionally, municipal authorities, from time to time, have reasons to adjust their policies. All Vendor locations are subject to change because of changing environmental considerations or safety- without warning or advance notice.
8. All Vendor vehicles SHALL be off site by 7:45AM. No Vendor vehicle will return until 1:00PM. LATE ARRIVAL VENDORS WILL BE DENIED ACCESS BY VEHICLE.
PERMITS/FOOD SAFETY: Vendors are responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses, permits, inspections and certifications for the sale of their products. This includes health and safety, labeling, etc. All persons handling food must maintain a high-level cleanliness. Vendors who are selling food should consider contacting the Health Unit if they have any concerns about compliance. Food Handling and Safety Courses are offered throughout the year and even online. Vendors who knowingly and habitually break
Health Unit regulations will be asked to leave the DWFM. NO SMOKING ANYWHERE AT MARKET.
SIGNAGE: Each Vendor’s business name must be clearly displayed. All prices must be clearly marked and displayed prominently. Prices should not be altered during the day unless through verbal negotiation with customers. Signage and vendor presentation is very important. All vendors should strive for an attractive public appearance.
ALL CHEQUES PAYABLE TO “Downtown Windsor Community Collaborative”
NO VENDOR SHALL ATTEND MARKET UNLESS THEIR DATE HAS BEEN PREPAID
** VENDORS WHO CANNOT PAY BY CHEQUE WILL HAVE ONLINE **
OPTION ONCE THEIR APPLICATION IS APPROVED!
DWFM/DWCC Legal Disclaimer
The DWCC & DWBIA, their Board of Directors, and Contract Staff will assume no responsibility for loss of product, sales, inclement weather, volume of patrons/customers, theft from parked vehicles, towed vehicles, damage to Vendor equipment, theft, or loss of sales due to early closure of market (unforeseen circumstances) and/or safety concerns.
There are absolutely no Vendor refunds.
NO SMOKING ANYWHERE ON MARKET GROUNDS BY CITY OF WINDSOR ORDER!
By signing this application, you are indicating that you have read and agreed to the Terms of Agreement to be a Vendor at the DWFM in 2019.
YOUR VENDOR PROFILE WILL BE LISTED ON www.dwfm.ca, DWFM Facebook, Twitter & Instagram Pages! Pictures of staff, helpers and your Vendor Booth may be uploaded to the Website and Facebook.
Details about your products may be included on social media sites.
QUESTIONS? Contact STEVE GREEN (General Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org